The definition of home entertainment has changed in recent years, more so in the last couple of years. The lockdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the obligation to stay at home have redefined the entertainment needs of people in a new way.
At present, most people long for a theatre or a studio-like entertainment experience at home. Installing dedicated home theatre systems is the best option to get this experience in your residence.
Buying a home theatre is akin to a valuable investment. If you get it right, it will pay you dividends in the long run.
Are you among those who vouch for a home theatre system for the best audio-visual entertainment at home? If yes, you are at the right place. Read on to get a 360-degree view of what a home theatre system is all about and the key aspects related to it.
What is a home theatre system?
People define a home theatre system in their own ways. In brief, though, it is an audio-visual system for entertainment that reproduces the experience of watching a movie at a theatre with audio and video output of electronic grade. Together with a well-defined mechanism, it uses specific equipment to produce its desired effect.
You can install it either in your room or in the backyard of your residence. The installation of a home theatre system depends on the nature of the product. It may be simple or complex, depending on its features.
The key features of a home theatre system
Why are home theatre systems indispensable for homes?
Family entertainment at home has been a desirable idea for a long time. Lockdowns have made it all the more desirable in the last couple of years.
For families and those who spend most of their time at home, home theatre systems provide the best video-viewing and gaming experience. This apart, they also bring a bunch of other undeniable benefits to the table. Most people show a keen interest in owning it in a home theatre due to its long list of advantages.
Some positives of installing a home theatre system include the following:
- Hassle-free cinema experience at home: If you are a movie buff, going to a multiplex may sound exciting to you on the surface. However, it is not above its share of downsides. Some of them include beating heavy traffic outdoors, struggling for a parking space, and paying for an overpriced ticket or popcorn. You do not need to worry about these things if you own a home theatre system. With it, you can bring the cinema experience home without the need to go to a multiplex.
- The joy of playing video games at a whole new level: Playing a video game is more fun with a home theatre system as it provides an immersive experience. With it, you can take your experience of playing a video game to a whole new level.
- Total authority over remote control: Do you wish to exercise total control over the buttons of your remote control? With a home theatre system, you can do so with finesse. Whether you wish to rewind a video or watch a movie over two days, a home theatre system lets you do it with absolute authority.
- The joy of watching favourite shows on OTT platforms: The web series and other shows on OTT platforms have become an integral part of both individual and family entertainment. Whether you wish to bring your family together or sit back and relax while entertaining yourself, installing a home theatre, you can view your favourite shows on your preferred OTT platforms with the best video quality, detailed pictures, and sound effects.
- A home looks all the more valuable and sophisticated with dedicated home theatres: Every homeowner wants his/her home to be desirable. If you also want the same, you can maximize the value of your home by equipping it with a sophisticated home theatre system.
The essential components of a home theatre system
Most people buy a home theatre unit for its sound quality. However, it may also have other essential components. Ideally, a home theatre system consists of the following four components:
- A screen and a projector or a TV
- A video source (such as the signal from either a Bluray player or a cable)
- A receiver for home theatre (wherein the power originates)
- Speakers (left, right, and forward, and rear)
Things to keep in mind buying a home theatre system
Before choosing an item at a home theatre store, it is imperative for you to keep a few things in mind. Even if you consider a few basics, it will help you make an informed choice. The top considerations for a home theatre system include the following:
- The television unit: To a large extent, the TV unit at your home will play a decisive role in your choice of a theatre system for your home. You can either run a 4K HDR TV or a smart TV in tandem with it. A smart TV would be a better choice for you as it is easy to install.
- The size of the space: Home theatre systems come across in different sizes. Some of them are of a larger size, whereas others can be small in size. The former is for large-sized rooms, whereas the latter is ideal for rooms with lesser space. Choose your unit according to the available space.
- Compatible devices: Speaker units for homes are compatible with a wide range of devices. If you have some devices in mind that you wish to use with your theatre system, make sure the item you’re buying from a home theatre store is compatible with them.
- Installation requirements: The installation of a home theatre can be either simple or complex. It depends on the type of product you buy. If you are tech-savvy, you can choose any kind of unit. On the other hand, choosing an easy-to-install product would be the best choice for you if you do not have prior experience.
Invest in AV shack’s home theatre system with the assurance of doorstep delivery
A home theatre system redefines home entertainment in a new way. A high-quality home theatre system will give you an invaluable experience of viewing videos and listening to sounds/music with crisp and detailed images and video quality.
AV shack - the leading home theatre shop, has an exclusive collection of the best units. It boasts units like Onkyo HT-S5915 - Dolby Atmos Home Theatre System, Denon Home Series 5.1 Wireless Home Theatre Soundbar System, Yamaha YHT-30720-IN 5.1 Channel Home Theatre System, Denon AVC-X3700H amplifier with Elac debut b5 2 5.1, and more.
Visit AV Shack’s online store to check out its exclusive collections and learn more about the home theatre price of its popular items.