- Multi-patented DriveCore Amplifier Technology
- 8 channels each with 125W into 8-ohms, All Channels Driven
- High-efficiency, Quiet Convection-cooled Design
- Local/Bus RCA Input Selection and Independent Channel Output Level Controls
- 12V Trigger Input/Outputand Signal-sensing Channel Inputs
- Short-circuitand Thermal Protection Circuitry
The foundational DriveCore circuitry seamlessly integrates the amplifier drive stage into the power output stage fusing everything into a chip the size of a dime. With five patents applying to the advanced feedback, modulation and output stage technologies, DriveCore's front-end drive circuits leverage the inherent efficiencies of Class D designs while delivering the audiophile performance of advanced AB designs.
The 90%+ efficiency of the DriveCore stage means everything stays cool and no fan is required so your equipment racks stay ultra-quiet. Plus the DD-8 meets the future 0.5W low power consumption ratings and in fact uses less power during normal operation than many traditional amplifiers do at idle. While this much efficiency and power is indeed impressive, it is nothing without control and in this respect the DD-8 delivers with a full-complement of features including local and bus inputs, stereo/mono selection, channel output level controls and system triggers.
As an added bonus or attribute of the DD-8, not only does the amplifier redefine multi-room distributed audio, the amp is also a highly recommended and suitable option for multi-channel or home theater applications.