R200 Large Bookshelf Speaker
As the larger bookshelf speaker in the series, the R200 excels in delivering extra bass power thanks to its 6.5” turbine cone woofer and larger cabinetry. Perfect for listening in a stereo pair, as part of a front stage, or as surround components in a larger system.
Exceptional sound and elegant design at an incredible price
The elegant Polk Reserve R200 bookshelf speaker delivers full-bodied sound and clean tight bass. The 6.5” Turbine Cone, 1” Pinnacle tweeter and X-Port deliver clear, crisp Hi-Res Audio for the best reproduction of sound for the price.
High Definition Pinnacle Ring Radiator Tweeter
Over 40 years of tweeter innovation, design and prototyping has led to the development of the new 1” high definition Pinnacle ring radiator tweeter. Developed by Polk Audio, it delivers ultra-clear, crisp highs without unwanted coloration or distortions. The Pinnacle tweeter features a finely tuned waveguide that dramatically improves the dispersion of high frequency energy ensuring a broad “sweet spot” while the critically damped rear-chamber helps defeat any unwanted resonances. Hi-Res certified, the Pinnacle Tweeter is designed for today’s two-channel music listening as well as multi-channel 3D audio found in movies, sports, and video game soundtracks.
6.5” Turbine Cone
Polk developed the Turbine cone specifically for our flagship products to ensure the natural reproduction of the mid-range, to which human ears are particularly sensitive. The Turbine cone combines Polk’s proprietary foam core and molded Turbine geometry which dramatically increases stiffness and damping, without adding mass. You will hear every detail and experience a smooth, detailed mid-range and effortless bass.
Amazing Sound and Elegance
With understated elegance, the Reserve line has a minimalist design with universal appeal. Inheriting Polk’s flagship transducer array, the R200 produces exceptional sound that rivals competitor speakers that sell for twice the price.
Polk Newly Patented X-Port (ETF)
Polk’s newly patented X-Port incorporates an Eigentone Filter (ETF) offering distortion-free, effortless bass. Consisting of a set of closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to catch and eliminate traditional speaker distortions. X-Port ensures that the upper bass and mid-range are free of port and cabinet resonances for smooth, detailed audio.
• Pinnacle Tweeter: The new ring radiator tweeter design dramatically improves dispersion while delivering clear, crisp and natural highs
• Turbine Cone: 6.5” Turbine cone delivers smooth and incredibly detailed mid-range imaging
• Polk Patented X-Port: closed-pipe absorbers that are specifically tuned to catch and eliminate traditional speaker distortions
• Anti-diffraction Magnetic Grilles: Acoustically inert grilles offer a clean aesthetic without sacrificing sound
• Power Recommendation: 70W or more per channel power amplification is recommended to experience the best quality and performance from this speaker
• Premium, Large 5-Way Binding Posts: Perfect for easy set up and to ensure the most direct, efficient, and loss-less connection possible
• Bi-Wire and Bi-amping: Equipped with dual 5-way binding posts to easily bi-wire or bi-amp for a more customized experience